Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Malaysia ends Indonesia migrant boat search

Share

KUALA LUMPUR — Malaysia said Monday it had ended a search for passengers of a migrant boat from Indonesia that sank off the country’s western coast last week after the bodies of all 16 missing were recovered.

The Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) in Perak state said 23 people were rescued after the vessel sank off Pangkor island west of peninsular Malaysia on May 11.

Perak MMEA director Mohamad Shukri Khotob told AFP that the search was called off Saturday.

Read the full story on the The Manila Times website

Read more

Latest Stories